The Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee is established under the Local Government Act 1999 and Development Act 1993 to provide advice to Council on matters pertaining to strategic land use planning and development policy.
In accordance with Section 101A(2) of the Development Act 1993 the responsibilities of the Committee are;
- To provide advice to the Council in relation to the extent to which the Council's strategic planning and development policies accord with the Planning Strategy; and
- To assist the Council in undertaking strategic planning and monitoring directed at achieving;
- To provide advice to the Council (or to act as its delegate) in relation to strategic planning and development policy issues when the Council is preparing;
- To hear representations received during the Development Plan Amendment Process in accordance with Section 25(11) of the Development Act 1993 on behalf of Council and provide recommendations on the basis of any representations received.
- Other functions (other than functions relating to development assessment or compliance) assigned to the committee by the Council.
For a copy of the Committees Terms of Reference please see link below;
Committee Members include;Cr Peter Wright (Chairperson) Deputy Mayor Cr Sharon Bland Cr Bob Simcock Cr Donna Middleton Cr Vern Leng
For a copy of the Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee Agendas & Minutes please see the following website links;