Community Group Insurance
Local Community Insurance Services (LCIS) has been established to manage the special insurance needs of clubs, community groups and not for profit associations. Many groups hire council property and facilities for the purpose of holding events and other functions and need public liability insurance in place to protect against unexpected events or injuries to the public. Our aim is to make appropriate insurance cover accessible, affordable and easy for community groups and associations so they can concentrate on developing the activities, programs and events that they are really focussed on.
LCIS can provide:
- On-line quotes and access to relevant information about insurance policies and coverage through our internet based quoting system - from anywhere in Australia
- Low cost premiums for all clubs, community groups and not for profit associations
- Acceptance for not for profit associations with a turnover up to $5m
- Liability coverage for fairs, festivals, parades and events, including stall holders
- Insurances that meet the requirements of Local Government organisations.
All groups holding functions and events on council property and in council facilities can obtain a quote on-line at www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au. The system has been set up so that all business can be transacted on line including payment and emailing certificates of currency to the nominated email address. If your group or activity does not quite fit the profile and may require specific consideration you will be referred to our team of specialist staff who will contact your representative to finalise an insurance solution to best meet your needs. For more information please email your request to email@example.com or you can also contact us on 1300 853 800.
The type of community groups eligible for LCIS cover are very broad and can include amateur sporting groups, social clubs, resident groups, senior citizen groups, hall management committees, support groups, fair and festival organisers, arts and craft groups.