Community Grants Program
Council recognises that community groups provide important and valued community and social benefits to the district. Council also recognises the importance of supporting local individuals in pursuing personal achievement in their chosen field.
Funding community, cultural and recreational activities, events and services enables individuals and groups to work in partnership with Council in meeting community needs. The program also supports communities that value creativity, innovation, access and participation, as well as supporting individual residents striving in their field.
1. Community Grants support groups within the Coorong district, and are intended to:
- Promote participation in local community activities of recreation and sport, cultural activities, community development, lifelong learning, social cohesion, and social and welfare activities.
- Financially assist community groups and eligible individual residents based in the Coorong district.
- Promote community pride and participation in the Coorong district.
- Support community groups in local events.
- Support individuals participating in either a sporting, music, art or cultural activity/event, or other activities eligible in accordance with the Community Grants Procedure.
2. Grants available are divided into the following classifications, and relevant criteria for each classification is documented within the Council's Community Grants Procedure.
- Small Community Grants
- Community Event Grants
- Community Project Grants
- Individual, Sport & Cultural Grants (applications open year round)
3. Before applying please:
- Review the Community Grants Policy and Procedure
- Check the eligibility criteria
- Schedule a time with the Community Development Team if you require assistance with the online application.
Applications for Round 1 of the 2020-21 Community Grants Program NOW OPEN
Round One 2020-21 Community Grants Program Key Dates:
|Applications Open||19 August 2020|
|Applications Close||5:00pm, 25 September 2020|
|Council meeting decision||20 October 2020|
|Expected notification to applicants||21 October 2020|
|Grant to be claimed||Within 2020-21 financial year|
|Grant to be expended and acquitted||By 20 October 2021 (12 months from Council meeting decision)|
Applicants are also encouraged to read and/or use the documents below:
Community Grant Program Rounds
There are two (2) rounds of Community Grants offered each financial year, with applications open around August/September and January/February for about 4 - 6 weeks.
Grants available are divided into the following classifications, and relevant criteria for each classification is documented within the Community Grants Procedure.
|Small Community Grants||$1,000 maximum|
|Community Event Grants||$2,000 maximum|
|Community Project Grants||$5,000 maximum|
|Individual, Sport & Cultural Grants|
(applications open year round)
|$100 (Event held within SA)|
$500 (Event held Interstate)
$1,000 (Event held Internationally)
Please read the Community Grants Policy and Procedure and your chosen Application Package carefully prior to submitting an application.
What happens after applications close?
Once a grant round has closed, applications are assessed against the assessment criteria, and then recommendations are provided to the full Council at a Council meeting for consideration.
Following endorsement at the Council meeting, applicants are notified via email, and if successful will be required to complete a 'Conditions of Grant Acceptance' form, and forward an invoice for the successful grant amount which will be processed.