Coorong District Council response measures to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Residents who are experiencing financial hardship may seek assistance from Coorong District Council by entering into a long-term payment arrangement. Information is available on our Financial Hardship page.

Latest COVID-19 update issued 20th November. More information can be found here.

Dismiss alert

Works Impacting Council Infrastructure

Residents wishing to undertake any work that impacts on Council infrastructure, Council Streets or Roads or Council controlled land will be required to obtain permission from Council prior to commencing works.

The following are examples of works requiring a permit from Council:

  • Construction of concrete invert/kerb crossover for a driveway where there is an existing kerb and gutter
  • Construction of a driveway entrance where there is existing/no existing kerb and gutter
  • Reinstatement of redundant invert/kerb crossover
  • Issue of 2 culvert pipes for the purpose of drainage under initial driveway entrance on a road without kerb or gutter
  • Installation of stormwater pipe underfootpath and/or cutting of kerb to install stormwater kerb adaptor
  • Installation of stormwater drainage from the rear of an allotment to an easement
  • Installation of private owned water pipe within Council infrastructure or Council controlled land (indirect water services)
  • Installation of an underground electrical service within Council infrastructure or Council controlled land
  • Crossing over an easement
  • Crossing over a water course
  • Removal of or works relating to trees or vegetation.

Download the following documents (according to the nature of works) to apply for a permit.

Authorisation to Alter a Public Road - Application Form

Authorisation to alter a public road - Terms and Conditions

Permit to use road for business purpose - Application Form

Permit to use road for business purpose - Terms and Conditions

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact Council's Infrastructure & Assets Department, phone 1300 785 277.