Community Vision Plan 2021 - 2025
Pursuant to section 122 of the Local Government Act, Coorong District Council develops and adopts an overarching four-year Strategic Management Plan to inform its asset management plans, capital works program, workforce development plan and annual business plans for a four year period. The Plan also considers, and influences, other regional plans and strategies.
Coorong District Council prepares strategic management plans to:
- help set a clear vision and objectives for the district, in consultation with the community, and builds a framework on how it will work towards these;
- address issues of importance for Coorong District Council;
- manage its resources, people and assets in a sustainable way;
- align its efforts with the vision of South Australian and Australian Governments.
Requirements for strategic management plans are explained in Section 122 of the Local Government Act 1999.
Draft 2021 - 2025 Community Vision Plan
Initial input provided by community members and organisations has now been collated, and has assisted in developing a range of actions within the draft Plan that are structured around five themes and key priorities; Economy, Infrastructure, Community, Environment and Leadership. This feedback has been summarised in a Community Engagement Findings Report.
The draft Plan is now available to view:
Have Your Say
- We invite you to provide feedback on the Draft 2021 - 2025 Community Vision Plan by completing an online submission
- Email your submission (addressed to the CEO) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post your written submission (addressed to the CEO) to PO Box 399, TAILEM BEND SA 5260
- Attend a Community Workshop (details below)
Feedback and submissions are invited until 5:00pm, Friday 12 February 2021. After considering any community feedback received, the final 2021-2025 Community Vision Plan will be presented at a Special Council meeting on 23 February 2021 for adoption.
Attend a Workshop
Members of the community are invited to participate in a second Community Workshop to review the Draft 2021-2025 Community Vision Plan and provide feedback:
Tuesday, 2 February 2021
6:30pm at the Tintinara War Memorial Hall, 49 Becker Terrace
Wednesday, 3 February 2021
6:30pm at the Meningie Bowling Club, Princes Highway
Thursday, 4 February 2021
6:30pm at the Tailem Bend Football Club, 73 Trevena Terrace
RSVPs are essential. Please register your attendance by calling 1300 785 277 or email email@example.com