Tailem Bend to Host Street Party in Celebration of Supercars Double-Header
In an exciting turn of events, Tailem Bend and the surrounding district is set to welcome the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship over two weekends this September.
The Bend Motorsport Park has been successful in securing the Repco and OTR SuperSprint events on 19-20 and 26-27 September 2020, with a last minute change in the race line-up making this opportunity possible.
In celebration of the Supercars’ return, the streets of Tailem Bend will come alive on Friday, 25 September from 4pm for the Tailem Bend 2020 Street Party.
In announcing the street party, Coorong District Council Mayor Paul Simmons encouraged community members and visitors to the region to join in the fun.
“The Supercars is a win not only for The Bend Motorsport Park, but also for our surrounding region and local businesses; we look forward to welcoming visitors during the Supercars events”, says Mayor Simmons.
“This year’s Street Party will look a little different, as we will be making every effort to ensure the celebration can be delivered in line with current COVID-19 public health requirements.
“I encourage our residents and visitors to join the Tailem Bend community in a fun afternoon of entertainment, great food, impressive car displays and creative wares from our talented local artisans.”
The 2020 Street Party will stay true to its racing roots and has much on offer, including:
- ‘The Speed Zone’ - displays of drifting, classic and vintage cars, motorbikes and machinery by the Tailem Bend Car Club and the Lower Murray Vintage Engine & Machinery Club, large-scale remote control cars, and racing ride-on lawnmower display
- Local arts and crafts at the pop up Coorong Country Markets
- Entertainment by popular local band ‘ARkIVE’
- Tasty fare and much, much more.
Coorong District Council is actively working with SA Health to ensure the street party can be delivered to visitors and the community of Tailem Bend and surrounds as safely as possible.
Density, distancing and contact tracing are three key considerations that will be of high importance in order to deliver a COVID Safe event. While this is a free community event, in order to make this event a success attendees will need to book a ticket.
Tickets are available online (www.trybooking.com/eventlist/tailembendstreetparty), or through the Coorong Civic Centre or Tailem Bend Post Office. Ticket holders are asked to carefully read the Terms and Conditions before booking.
- ENDS -
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER | COORONG DISTRICT COUNCIL
Phone: 1300 785 277 | E: email@example.com
- The Tailem Bend 2020 Street Party will be held at Willow Street and Railway Terrace, Tailem Bend from 4:00pm on Friday, 25 September 2020.
- This is a free community event, however tickets must be booked to gain entry.
- Event patrons are encouraged to soak up the atmosphere by bringing their own picnic rugs and chairs.
In order to conduct a COVID Safe event, the following additional requirements and measures will be put into place:
- Attendance numbers will be limited to a maximum of 1,500 at any given time
- A ticketing system has been implemented to assist with the limit of attendance numbers
- Perimeter fencing will be installed with dedicated entry and exit gates
- Social distancing signage and measures will be placed throughout the event, and hygiene stations will have hand sanitiser available
- All people must obtain a ticket either online or from the entry gates
- ALL people attending the event will be required to sign out when leaving
- Patrons are requested not to linger too long in front of stalls or exhibitions or in large groups, prohibiting others from enjoying the event
- All visitors and stallholders are requested to practice social distancing and show respect to others
Terms and Conditions
- Tickets must be produced on entry
- Tickets obtained online must be viewed before entry is granted
- Persons requiring tickets at the gates will be required to complete the Contact Tracing and Health Declaration form
- All persons are required to sign out when leaving the event for contact tracing purposes
- You do not currently have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell with no alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- You have not travelled interstate to Victoria, New South Wales or oversees in the past 14 days
- You have not been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- By attending the Tailem Bend 2020 Super Street Party you acknowledge your role in helping to successfully carry out the COVID-19 Safety management Plan and adhere to the SA Health COVID-19 requirements